The village offers a varied selection of accommodation from two quality hotels, bed and breakfast,
self-catering accommodation and last but not least a bunkhouse in a converted railway carriage.
Delicous food is also available throughout the village. From snacks to sumptious meals.
Please click over the photograph to go direct to the establishments own web page.
Originally the Prince's House was the old staging house which provided shelter and a change of horse for travellers on "The Road to the Isles" between Fort William and Mallaig. For more modern travellers this fine building is only 400 yards from the railway station.
The building is of an age that we can be fairly sure it was one of the few buildings in Glenfinnan when Bonnie Prince Charlie raised the standard at the start of the 1745 Jacobite rising.
Glenfinnan House Hotel
Set in its own grounds is situated only 100 meters from the banks of Loch Shiel and half a mile from the "Road to the Isles". The house was built as an Inn between 1752 and 1755, by Alexander MacDonald VII of Glenaladale who was wounded at Culloden (1746) fighting for Prince Charles Edward Stewart.
Around 1842 the proprietor, Angus MacDonald XII, Laird of the Glens, converted the old building into a mansion house, which is what we see today.
The Hotel is presently closed. They will however be open for special evenings of entertainment during the winter. We are closed from the 31st October 2016 and re-open on 24th March 2017
Please book for our winter specials to avoid disappointment – 01397 722 235
email@example.com To find out what is taking place click here
Glenfinnan Sleeping Car
Located at the Glenfinnan railway station. Built in 1958, it offers unusual accommodation and has been brought up-to-date with central heating and the installation of all modern facilities. It is a wonderful and different accommodation and is popular for families.
The carriage can accommodate 10 people in 4 compartments.